Memories
life is never easy as you can clearly see
said the drunken man at the bar sitting next to me
I came from many miles away to seek my fortune and fame
but what I found instead was only loneliness and pain
I've crossed the seven seas and every distant land
looking for that something I could hold inside my hand
I never really found it he said with a look of misery
the only things I've got to show are lots of memories
well look here I said to him with just a passing smile
those things cant be held by hands but just think awhile
you've seen more and done more then any man I've met
and most of those men would trade with you any day I'll bet
he picked his head up from the bar a smile on his face
he said thank you sir you've made my day and he bought beers for the whole place
so remember the things that mater most as you travel this world round
are the memories that live on after you when you're six feet under ground

2 Comments:
Wow. Passover, you are REALLY good! I'm very impressed. Kudos. :)
this is definitely one of my favorite poems of yours
Post a Comment
<< Home